1. Jamie Foxx’s Electro will not be sporting the green and yellow spandex of the comic books.
Instead, the costume designers are creating something that Foxx said would be more realistic looking, more like something you would see in the real world.
2. Electro isn’t the only one getting a makeover.
Rumor has it that Spider-Man’s costume is undergoing some changes, as well, possibly to look more like the classic version of the costume.
3. Shailene Woodley will join the cast as Mary Jane Watson.
We wonder where the director is headed if he’ll have both Gwen and Mary Jane in the film. Awkward love triangle?
4. According to one casting call, at least one scene will involve a funeral.
5. His role as Harry Osborne won’t be Dane DeHaan’s first super hero movie.
Last year, he starred in Chronicle, a film about three teenage friends who develop super powers and have to come to terms with the moral quandaries associated with their new abilities. Other actors who tested for the role include Alden Ehrenreich, Brady Corbet, Sam Claflin, Eddie Redmayne, Douglas Booth, and Boyd Holbrook.
6. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 begins filming next month.
Filming will take place in New York and Los Angeles.
7. There is a “Code Name” being used.
The code name being used for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 during production is “London Calling.”
8. Professor Michael Morbius will also make an appearance in the film.
Actor Asim Ahmad confirmed on his website that he will play Morbius, but that he only appears for about two script pages.
9. We still have over a year to wait for the new movie.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is set to premier on May 2, 2014.