1. Boxer Orlando Cruz on how his mother showed him respect:
(ESPN, November 2012)
2. Columnist Frank Bruni on how his father relieved his guilt:
(The New York Times, December 2012)
3. Andy Cohen on how his mother helped him come out:
(The Dish, October 2012)
4. Retired rugby player Gareth Thomas on how his father accepted him:
(The Gay UK, December 2012)
And a perspective from one supportive parent
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who were on the scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave. The officer accused of killing Dubose has been released from jail after posting bond.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday.
- The new Apple TV will debut in September, along with its own App Store, sources tell BuzzFeed News.