New Year’s Eve
1. Leave a window open all day to let out of the house all the problems that gathered from the previous year.
4. Just don’t break anything because that’s bad luck.
5. Hold cash in your hand at midnight to ensure prosperity and wealth (or to make it rain).
New Year’s Day
8. The first person to enter your home determines the year you have. Only dark-haired, handsome guests should be allowed in.
9. Do not let in gingers or women. They are said to be signs of trouble.
12. Also eat cabbage, which is said to look like money, to bring good fortune.
13. Do the tiniest bit of work to ensure advancement in career but not so much that you bring bad luck.
14. Don’t do laundry unless you want to bring death upon your family.
15. Wear pink panties for love, yellow ones for prosperity or whitey tighties for peace.
16. Walk around in new clothes to increase the chance of getting even more new duds in 2013.
17. Dance, preferably around a tree, to ensure freedom from illness for the year.
18. Read the wind.
Northern winds: unpleasant weather.
Southern winds: prosperity and luck.
Eastern winds: tragedy and loss.
Western winds: plentiful bounty AND the passing of a cherished individual.