Well wipe those tears cause your luck is about to change.
New Year’s Eve
1. Leave a window open all day to let out of the house all the problems that gathered from the previous year.
3. Drain the dregs. Good fortune comes to those who finish the bottle.
4. Just don’t break anything because that’s bad luck.
5. Hold cash in your hand at midnight to ensure prosperity and wealth (or to make it rain).
6. Kiss a loved one at midnight to ensure you two will be together.
7. Bang pots and pans at midnight to keep the evil spirits away.
New Year’s Day
8. The first person to enter your home determines the year you have. Only dark-haired, handsome guests should be allowed in.
9. Do not let in gingers or women. They are said to be signs of trouble.
10. Give birth. Babies born on Jan. 1 are said to be the luckiest.
12. Also eat cabbage, which is said to look like money, to bring good fortune.
13. Do the tiniest bit of work to ensure advancement in career but not so much that you bring bad luck.
14. Don’t do laundry unless you want to bring death upon your family.
15. Wear pink panties for love, yellow ones for prosperity or whitey tighties for peace.
16. Walk around in new clothes to increase the chance of getting even more new duds in 2013.
17. Dance, preferably around a tree, to ensure freedom from illness for the year.
18. Read the wind.
Northern winds: unpleasant weather.
Southern winds: prosperity and luck.
Eastern winds: tragedy and loss.
Western winds: plentiful bounty AND the passing of a cherished individual.