1. This is bubble soccer.
“Boblefotball” first appeared on Golden Goal, a Norwegian TV show, in 2011.
2. The sport might look familiar because Jimmy Fallon tried bringing it to the states.
5. BUT WITH GIANT BUBBLE SUITS ON TOP.
The bubbles are called Bumperz, and they’re designed for any type of weather or outdoor arena.
6. Each suit is surprisingly safe.
They have built-in harnesses and handles.
7. This allows for hard tackling.
Referees and coaches actually encourage this behavior.
8. REALLY hard tackling.
Bubble soccer is a full-contact sport, and there are no tackling fouls.
10. The rules are simple: score.
Scoring is harder than it looks — most games end with only a few total goals.
- Three scientists who developed treatments against parasites have won the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. ›
- Doctors Without Borders says it will leave the Afghan city of Kunduz after airstrikes killed 22 people at its hospital there on Saturday. ›
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›