1. 1500 Prisoners Do a Music Video Remake of Michael Jackson’s Thriller
1500 Prisoners from Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center, Cebu, Philippines, perform a dance routine to Michael Jackson’s Thriller.
2. A Capella Cover of P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing)
Mike Tompkins of Alberta, Canada has been punctuated by memorable events, the most recent of which includes being rocketed to notoriety mixing his talents to create music using only his voice and mouth. He created this a cappella cover of P.Y.T. last year to commemorate the King of Pop’s death.
3. We Are The World Remake For Haiti
“We Are the World” originally recorded by the supergroup USA for Africa in 1985 and written by Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie was remade in 2010 to benefit the Haitian earthquake relief efforts and the rebuilding of Haiti.
4. Cover Song of “Beat It” By Alex Goot
Alex Goot produced this cover song of Michael Jackson’s “Beat It” using electric guitar, drums, and a piano.
5. Weird Al’s Remake of “I’m Bad” - The Fat Parody
Al Yankovic parodied Michael Jackson’s “I’m Bad,” creating original lyrics and producing a video of “I’m Fat.”
6. X Factor Contestant Woos Female Judges With Jackson’s “Who’s Loving You”
This X Factor contestant blew the judges away with his soulful rendition of Jackson’s “Who’s Loving You.”
7. Coldplay Pay Tribute to King of Pop With A Cover of Smash Hit, Billie Jean
We love this “Billie Jean” cover by Coldplay, performed live in Nijimegen, Holland.
8. Akon’s Remake Of Wanna Be Startin’ Something, Featuring MJ
Stripping it down to the bare minimum, Akon brought something new to Wanna Be Startin’ Something that had never been heard before — the lyrics. Akon proves the man’s more than a hip-hop star on his Michael Jackson cover. By slowing the song down and illustrating the lyrics in the song’s infancy, Akon has done something for himself as well in the process — shown that he has fantastic vocal prowess while simultaneously paying tribute to Michael Jackson.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015 . ›