1. You can’t talk about shakes without acknowledging the original shake… the handshake!
2. Which naturally evolved into the ever popular secret handshake.
4. Speaking of original, let’s talk about the original summer treat. That humble, delectable drink invented in 1885… the milkshake.
5. In 1954 Big Joe Turner taught us how to shake, rattle, and roll all at the same time.
6. In 1965 General Foods introduced the shortcut lovers of the world to Shake’N Bake.
Oh hey baby Taylor Momsen
7. Ricky Martin might have had the most famous shake in 1999 with Shake Your Bon Bon.
8. Right before William Hung stole his thunder with his own version in 2004.
10. Of course the forefathers of shaking a tailfeather are these two well dressed men.
John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd, danced along to Ray Charles’s Shake A Tailfeather in 1980’s The Blues Brothers.
11. 2004 was the year of boys standing in yards thanks to Kelis and her trusty sidekick, the milkshake.
12. Then came the Shake Weight, 2010’s exercise of choice for the modern man.
13. And then there was the Harlem Shake. In 2013 the dance craze that people are still trying to understand went viral…too viral.
14. But what people really need to understand is that THIS is what the Harlem Shake actually looks like.
The dance originally known as the “albee” was created in 1981 by a Harlem resident named Al B.
15. Can’t get enough of shakes? Stop by Sonic for 25 different flavors during their Summer of Shakes! Happening right now! In the present!
And remember, shakes are ½ price after 8PM everyday!