1. Twinkies are back.
After Hostess Brands went under last year, devastating millions of those who sort of forgot that Twinkies existed — the company was saved! Now they’re back… with a VENGEANCE.
This year — for the first time in a while — Thanksgiving and the first day of Hanukkah fall on the same date: November 28. It won’t happen again until the year 79811. That’s neat.
3. The word “Mwahahaha” was added to the dictionary.
The definition? “Used to represent laughter, especially triumphal or cackling laughter such as that uttered by a villainous character in a cartoon or comic strip.”
4. A 3D printer was used to make a functional human ear.
A real, functioning human ear. Printed.
5. So many people fulfilled their lifelong Hadouken dreams.
6. Self-driving cars are becoming a reality.
You may not be aware, but these things already exist. Sure, you can’t just go out and buy one yet — but they’re out there.
7. As of this year, fourteen states in the US issue marriage licenses for same-sex couples.
The times, they are a-changin’.
8. This meme was outstanding while it lasted.
Everyone! Pour one out for the Harlem Shake. It’s over now.
9. The airplane restrictions on liquid in carry-on bags were lifted.
10. Beloved franchise Jurassic Park turned 20 years old, and the next chapter was announced: Jurassic World, in theaters in 2015.
11. The supermoon on June 23.
12. You experienced your one and only 11-12-13.
Sorry non-Americans. We put the month before the day, for some reason.