1. Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D is rumored to be adding another character from the original comic book series.
2. Step in British actress Saffron Burrows.
3. Latino Review reports that Burrows will take on the role of Agent Victoria Hand, the first openly gay character on the show.
4. A description of the comic book’s character:
Three years before the Skrull Invasion, Victoria Hand was an accountant for S.H.I.E.L.D., who was in a relationship with another agent named Isabelle. Victoria was determined to send a letter informing Director Nick Fury how he was mishandling the War on Terror. Isabelle implored Victoria not to send the letter but Victoria did anyways and was transferred immediately to Portland, Oregon. As a result, Isabelle, furious that she did not listen to her, ended their relationship.
5. In the comic series, Agent Victoria Hand is trained in combat but usually uses her “brilliant organizational mind” to solve problems.
6. What makes this casting choice even more exciting is that this London born actress is openly bisexual.
In the film Timecode she laid one on Leslie Mann and everything was right in the world.
8. Here is what you should know about the lovely Saffron Burrows — besides the obvious fact she has the world’s most perfect cheekbones.
9. Her first name is also a delicious spice, derived from a beautiful flower.
10. She is equally, it not more, beautiful than the flower she is named for.
11. With her statuesque beauty, it’s no surprise that at the age of 15 she was discovered by a modeling agent.
She modeled in Paris and London for Chanel, Yves Saint-Laurent and Vivienne Westwood.
12. Perhaps you remember her from the 1999 classic Deep Blue Sea, in which she battles an intelligent shark in her underwear.
Because sometimes you have to be in your underwear while fighting evil.