1. David Tutera, celebrity event planner and host of WE TV’s My Fair Wedding, has split from his partner of 10 years.
2. TMZ reports that Tutera and his longtime partner Ryan Jurica had a big wedding ceremony in Vermont in 2003.
In the state of California (where gay marriage is not recognized) they filed for a domestic partnership.
3. Tutera filed documents to end their domestic partnership due to “irreconcilable differences.”
TMZ also reported that just two days before Tutera filed his papers in L.A., Jurica filed legal documents in Connecticut hoping to end the civil union. According to TMZ the documents had explosive allegations, such as Tutera having a sex addiction that caused strain on the marriage. Us Magazine reports that Jurica claimed that Tutera suffered from an “addiction to sex,” charging that Tutera frequently hired “sex escorts and prostitutes.”
What further complicates the separation is that the two men are battling over their twins, who are due to be born in july via a surrogate mother. Tutera plans to offer Jurica only visitation rights and insists on full legal and physical custody of the children. TMZ reported that Tutera not only refuses to pay spousal support, he also wants Jurica to pay for all legal fees related to the couple’s split.
4. In response, Tutera told Us Weekly:
“The allegations against me are baseless and untrue and I will fight vigorously to defend my reputation in the court of law as well as the court of public opinion. I believe them to be fabrications of a desperate individual in order to gain a legal advantage in our separation [..] I am saddened by these developments; I am angered by the lies; and I am committed to moving beyond this painful moment to focus on my professional commitments and the upcoming birth of my children.”
5. With his own 10-year marriage unraveling in court, he continues to make the magic happen for others:
You deserve a dream wedding. Start today with your free wedding profile. http://t.co/vfOMjc0ass @WEtv— David Tutera
Searching for fabulous? Check out my DT Wedding Planners. Simply accessible, simply affordable! http://t.co/cpJ4F2OFOp @WEtv— David Tutera
Ur bouquet can b customized so many ways-crystal or pearl accents, a sparkly brooch or a beautifully wrapped handle:http://t.co/9z9wUhawMt— David Tutera
- At least 86 people were killed in twin bomb blasts during a peace rally near the main train station in Turkey's capital. ›
- Activists are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March at the National Mall in Washington, D.C. ›
- Elections on Sunday are widely expected to hand Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko a fifth term since 1994. ›