1. Googling terms like “lesbian” in hopes of finding useful coming out information.
You’ll find something, that’s for sure.
2. Thinking there is a certain way you should look or act after coming out.
3. Getting that haircut you thought you needed to get, when it wasn’t really your style.
4. Avoiding using certain labels to describe yourself because you’re afraid of the stereotypes that come along with it.
9. Hooking up with your ex’s ex.
11. Waiting around for a girl to buy you a drink instead of making the first move yourself.
Ladies, be bold!
12. Trying out some overly aggressive flirting.
Find that balance.
15. Changing yourself in order to become more visible in the community.
17. Spending time worrying about what the definition of “having sex” really is for you.
18. Allowing yourself to feel pressured by someone more experienced than you.
19. Telling yourself you can hook up with your ex without it getting “complicated.”
22. Obsessing over how good your gaydar is, or if you have it at all.
24. Becoming slightly obsessed with that one professor that makes you melt.
She’s so smart and so alluring. Swoon.
27. Actually believing you can – *poof* – make that straight girl like you back.
29. Stalking, er — checking up on, someone you’re still hung up on.
30. Crushing on your best friend.
Regardless of orientation, this is a slippery slope.