1. U.S. women’s soccer star and two-time Olympic gold medalist Abby Wambach married her longtime girlfriend and teammate Sarah Huffman this past weekend.
2. TMZ first broke the story, reporting the couple swapped vows on Saturday at the Po’ipu Kai Villas on the island of Kauai.
3. The ceremony was small and intimate, but acknowledged by Wambach on Wednesday afternoon:
4. A longtime supporter of LGBT rights, Wambach had never previously spoken publicly on her personal sexual orientation. Huffman came out earlier this year with an announcement in support of Athlete Ally.
5. The two athletes, who also happen to be teammates on the Western New York Flash, have stayed very private about their relationship.
6. Rumors of the wedding spread as their registry became public online:
7. And on Twitter, Huffman slyly showed off her beautiful ring.
8. Leading up to the big day, teammates and friends sent their well wishes:
10. Naturally it seemed nearly the entire U.S. women’s team was in attendance.