1. This is the Anglican Parish of Gosford, located Down Under in New South Wales, Australia.
The church describes itself as “a progressive Christian community” seeking to deepen spirituality and better serve others.
5. The best ones have personal messages from the big man himself:
8. This one went viral shortly after being posted to the church Facebook page:
9. Father Rod Bower, who posted the sign, was “overwhelmed” by the response:
I have had a number of phone calls and ran into people who have said, ‘Good on you this is really great’… I think it shows that it’s an important issue and that a lot of people have spiritual questions that are not being met by traditional forms of Christianity.”
Father Bower said he put the sign up to tell the wider community there was more than one way to approach gay rights.
“The conservative view is not the only view,” he said. “Marriage equality is a hot issue at the moment and it seems the church is struggling to get over this issue. I am reflecting on what the spirit of God might be saying in a modern world.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- The U.S. will release Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard after 30 years. The move isn't tied to the Iran nuclear deal, American officials say.
- The NFL has upheld Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his alleged involvement with the deflation of footballs 🏈