5. The best ones have personal messages from the big man himself:
9. Father Rod Bower, who posted the sign, was “overwhelmed” by the response:
I have had a number of phone calls and ran into people who have said, ‘Good on you this is really great’… I think it shows that it’s an important issue and that a lot of people have spiritual questions that are not being met by traditional forms of Christianity.”
Father Bower said he put the sign up to tell the wider community there was more than one way to approach gay rights.
“The conservative view is not the only view,” he said. “Marriage equality is a hot issue at the moment and it seems the church is struggling to get over this issue. I am reflecting on what the spirit of God might be saying in a modern world.
- 200 million women and girls have undergone genital mutilation, UNICEF data says. But the practice's prevalence is down.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders debated head-to-head over who was a true "progressive." 🇺🇸
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.