1. The NFLPA has released a line of “LGBT Vintage Pride” shirts to benefit the Athlete Ally organization:
2. Oakland Raiders punter Chris Kluwe said of the line:
I am extremely proud to be a part of this collaboration between Athlete Ally and the NFLPA’s One Team Shop to raise awareness both of Pride month and the issue of tolerance and respect within the NFL itself. As players, we are role models to a wide variety of people, and this is a great way to send a message of empathy to those who love and watch the game.
3. Kluwe added, ” Also, I’m pretty stoked that people can buy something with my number on it.”
4. Outspoken ally and superbowl champion Brendon Ayanbadejo said of the line:
“June is a special month for the LGBT community. I am extremely excited that the NFLPA Is adding its name to the list of ever growing allies. The simple fact that football players believe in equality for every human being Is going to make an impact on a lot of peoples lives.”
The One Team Pride shirts include the option to add the jersey number of the following players: Brendon Ayanbadejo, Connor Barwin, Scott Fujita, Steve Gleason, Chris Gocong, Chris Kluwe, Donte’ Stallworth, Terrell Suggs and Eric Winston.
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›