1. The American Kennel Club published an open letter to the leading international dog show organization, the FCI, calling for a change in location for the 2016 World Dog Show.
2. In response to the anti-gay laws currently enforced in Russia, AKC Chairman Alan T. Kalter and CEO Dennis Sprung wrote:
10. On behalf of the American Kennel Club, our member clubs, and the American purebred dog fancy, we urge you to move the 2016 World Dog Show from Russia to a nation that respects and upholds human rights for all its citizens.
12. AKC cannot and will not support participation in the 2016 World Dog Show if it is held in Russia.
17. Yours respectfully, Alan T. Kalter and Dennis B. Sprung (President and CEO)
- And a Turkish court had to call in experts to determine whether a man comparing the country's president to Gollum from "Lord of the Rings" was an insult. ›