1. The American Kennel Club published an open letter to the leading international dog show organization, the FCI, calling for a change in location for the 2016 World Dog Show.
Eduardo Munoz / Reuters
2. In response to the anti-gay laws currently enforced in Russia, AKC Chairman Alan T. Kalter and CEO Dennis Sprung wrote:
10. On behalf of the American Kennel Club, our member clubs, and the American purebred dog fancy, we urge you to move the 2016 World Dog Show from Russia to a nation that respects and upholds human rights for all its citizens.
Lucas Jackson / Reuters
12. AKC cannot and will not support participation in the 2016 World Dog Show if it is held in Russia.
Edgard Garrido / Reuters
17. Yours respectfully, Alan T. Kalter and Dennis B. Sprung (President and CEO)
Sarah Karlan is the Deputy LGBT Editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Sarah Karlan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- The National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia won the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize for its role in building a democracy there. ›