1. Attention: Brittney Griner, the heart and soul of the Phoenix Mercury, is here to make your day – nay, life – complete.
2. Each and every time this 6 feet and 8 inches of wonder takes the court, the clouds part and a chorus of angels sing down upon her.
AP Photo/LM Otero
3. Please, take just a few minutes to bask in the glory that is this three-time All American athlete.
AP Photo/Tony Gutierrez
4. Everyone alright? Good, because Griner – giver of life – is just getting started.
5. She is here to lift you UP, much like she does to this tiny little orange ball every game.
AP Photo/Sue Ogrocki
7. She sails onto the court, and then right into your heart.
9. … you really need to pay attention to her game off the court.
10. It doesn’t matter what she is doing or where she is – she is looking flawless.
11. ~ All White Everything ~
Jennifer Pottheiser/NBAE via Getty Images
12. We don’t have enough hours in the day to cover her tattoo greatness, so here’s a quick highlight:
13. We’re all just lucky to live on the same soil and dirt as this ballin’ Goddess.
14. For all this POWER she holds over us mere mortals, you would think Griner would be just no fun at all.
15. Taking yourself too seriously?
AP Photo/LM Otero
16. Nah, never – not her thing!
Rick Wilking / Reuters
20. You know she has her head on straight when it comes to the most important food of all.
21. *bow down*
30. “I’m definitely comfortable in my own skin. I’m definitely comfortable in doing whatever comes into this crazy head – I want to be different.”
31. At the WNBA’s orientation, Griner declined to participate in a class about makeup application and “how to dress” – adding that the only class she would appreciate was one on 401(k)s.
Paul Moseley/Fort Worth Star-Telegram / MCT
Sarah Karlan is the associate LGBT editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Sarah Karlan at email@example.com
Here Are The Top Stories
- Harry Shearer, the voice of Mr. Burns on "The Simpsons," will rejoin the show. In May, he said he was leaving.