Thank you to everyone for your tremendous support today. You give me inspiration and pride to be the artist and the person I need to be.
4. He started dancing ballet in Denmark at the age of two.
Since then he has danced in the Royal Danish Opera and The Ballet in Tivoli Gardens.
5. This one time, he even performed in front of the Queen of Denmark:
6. The 22-year-old dancer accepted a scholarship to the Royal Winnipeg Ballet School in September of 2012.
7. But, ballet isn’t always the greatest creative outlet.
10. He started appearing in videos for the website CockyBoys in February:
11. His profile on the site reads:
Jett Black has been an artist his entire life. He loves to move his body and perform in front of other people, so you can see why making porn is no different to him. In fact, being naked on screen adds another layer of depth when he’s expressing himself, a certain ‘raw passion’ he says, that he’s proud to share with the world.
14. Reportedly, some classmates saw photos of his work on Tumblr and alerted their artistic director.
15. Hansen claims that school administrators asked him to sign a letter stating that he withdrew from the program voluntarily.
16. He explained his decision to pursue a career in porn to the National Post:
Then, during my stay at the Royal Winnipeg Ballet, I decided I would like to gain more experience, both with my sexuality, with myself in a safe way where I could control it, but also experience other sides of me artistically […] In ballet, we deal with a lot of man-woman sex-love relationships [on stage], but we rarely actually deal with it on an emotional basis, so it can be difficult to understand [gay relationships].
17. Of course, Hansen isn’t the first to be penalized for working in the porn industry.
18. After a school canceled his speaking appearance, having discovered his work in porn, Conner Habib wrote:
“The reason I was banned was because she’d changed her mind after discovering that I was not, as she’d thought, an educator who used to be in porn, but rather a university instructor before I started appearing in adult films[…] Porn, a form that has been with us for thousands of years and which deeply intertwines with all cultures, deserves deep and serious thinking, not off-the-cuff dismissal and a silencing of public discussion.”