1. St. Paul Mayor Chris Coleman did something pretty awesome for Minnesota this morning.
2. He changed the name of the city’s landmark Wabasha Street Freedom Bridge to the “Wabasha Street Freedom to Marry Bridge.”
The official order came in as the state Senate prepared to vote on making same sex marriage legal in the state, just days after the House voted to do so.
3. The mayor tweeted his news:
I renamedthe WabashaBridge 2 the Freedom to Marry Bridge for this week. Marriage equality here we come #Time4Marriage
4. That is one good looking bridge.
Minnesota is poised to become the 12th state to legalize same-sex marriage as the final vote on the bill occurs today by the Minnesota Senate.
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- FIFA has suspended its president Sepp Blatter, secretary general Jerome Valcke, and vice-president Michel Platini for 90 days. ›
- It could take more than a year for Volkswagen to fix all its cars with diesel engines rigged to evade emissions tests, the company's U.S. CEO said. ›