1. St. Paul Mayor Chris Coleman did something pretty awesome for Minnesota this morning.
2. He changed the name of the city’s landmark Wabasha Street Freedom Bridge to the “Wabasha Street Freedom to Marry Bridge.”
The official order came in as the state Senate prepared to vote on making same sex marriage legal in the state, just days after the House voted to do so.
3. The mayor tweeted his news:
I renamedthe WabashaBridge 2 the Freedom to Marry Bridge for this week. Marriage equality here we come #Time4Marriage
4. That is one good looking bridge.
Minnesota is poised to become the 12th state to legalize same-sex marriage as the final vote on the bill occurs today by the Minnesota Senate.
- At least three police officers in Colorado Springs were injured in a shooting a Planned Parenthood clinic, officials said. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›