1. Ryan Eichenauer, a senior at Centennial High School in Circle Pines, Minnesota, recently opened up about his sexuality by posting a video to Facebook.
2. The 2-minute video, posted on December 15th, made it clear Ryan didn’t want to be defined by his bisexuality.
“I don’t like the term ‘coming out’ because I’m not coming out. I am letting the world in,” he said in the video.
5. A few weeks later, Ryan found two different anonymous letters placed on his desk in two different classrooms.
6. He shared the second note, which was particularly aggressive, on Facebook:
7. The author of the anonymous letter said he wanted to see Ryan “weep with pain.”
I see there are many others who also want you dead. Good. And it’s not just the two of us who have decided to speak up. It’s everyone. Fucking faggots like you don’t deserve to live in this world. Innocent people die every day, but the scum of the earth like you gets to live? Fuck that. That is about to change. No one likes the fact that you are alive. No one likes the way you show your sexuality. You are a fucking sinner. Someone should do something about it…I will. I am not a coward. I protect the house of god from fags like you.”