1. Ryan Eichenauer, a senior at Centennial High School in Circle Pines, Minnesota, recently opened up about his sexuality by posting a video to Facebook.
2. The 2-minute video, posted on December 15th, made it clear Ryan didn’t want to be defined by his bisexuality.
“I don’t like the term ‘coming out’ because I’m not coming out. I am letting the world in,” he said in the video.
4. The day after Christmas, he made his new relationship public:
5. A few weeks later, Ryan found two different anonymous letters placed on his desk in two different classrooms.
6. He shared the second note, which was particularly aggressive, on Facebook:
7. The author of the anonymous letter said he wanted to see Ryan “weep with pain.”
I see there are many others who also want you dead. Good. And it’s not just the two of us who have decided to speak up. It’s everyone. Fucking faggots like you don’t deserve to live in this world. Innocent people die every day, but the scum of the earth like you gets to live? Fuck that. That is about to change. No one likes the fact that you are alive. No one likes the way you show your sexuality. You are a fucking sinner. Someone should do something about it…I will. I am not a coward. I protect the house of god from fags like you.”
8. Eichenauer “cried a lot” after receiving the first note, even though it was far less threatening. When the second one came along he reported it immediately to authorities.
9. The school principal, Tom Breuning, confirms multiple investigations are underway within the Blaine Police Dept.
- Lawyers for the NFL and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady failed to reach a settlement in the deflategate case. A decision is expected by Friday. ›