1. Last December, Jane Abbot Lighty, 77, and Pete-e Peterson, 85, became the first same-sex couple in Washington State to recieve a marriage license.
2. Prior to recieving their marriage license, they had been together for 30 years:
3. Last Sunday, they were among several gay and lesbian couples to help raise an equality flag above the Seattle Space Needle:
4. Seattle Gay News photographer Nate Gowdy was on the Needle that morning to document the moment:
13. The couple would later serve as marshals in the annual Seattle Pride Parade.
15. Social Outreach Seattle’s video footage of the historic moment:
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›