1. Last December, Jane Abbot Lighty, 77, and Pete-e Peterson, 85, became the first same-sex couple in Washington State to recieve a marriage license.
2. Prior to recieving their marriage license, they had been together for 30 years:
3. Last Sunday, they were among several gay and lesbian couples to help raise an equality flag above the Seattle Space Needle:
13. The couple would later serve as marshals in the annual Seattle Pride Parade.
15. Social Outreach Seattle’s video footage of the historic moment:
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and Sen. Marco Rubio malfunctioned 🇺🇸
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."
- And it's Super Bowl Sunday. The Denver Broncos will take on the Carolina Panthers in Santa Clara, California, at 6:30 ET 🏈🙌