1. Gossip Girls’ Leighton Meester is set to appear in Life Partners, a new independent comedy.
2. The film is the directorial debut of Susanna Fogel and was co-written with Joni Lefkowitz. Leighton will be playing a “lesbian slacker” named Sasha.
3. The plot according to the film’s official Facebook page:
The comedy is about a codependent friendship between two very different girls - type-A Paige (Gillian Jacobs) and lesbian slacker Sasha (Leighton Meester) - who have made a pact. Paige has vowed that she won’t get married until Sasha has the same legal right. All is fine until Paige meets Tim (Brody), a young and charming doctor- and as this relationship heats up, Paige and Sasha have to learn how to work Tim into their friendship. As a crucial vote on gay marriage approaches, the threesome struggle with the issues of love, friendship, and loyalty.
4. Other actors to appear in the film include:
5. The O.C.’s Adam Brody
8. And Precious star Gabourey Sidibe
9. According to AfterEllen, initially Kristen Bell was chosen for the role of Sasha.
Kristen Bell and Lizzy Caplan doing a Sundance reading of Life Partners. Swoon.
10. But now the cast has been officially set and filming has begun:
Joni Lefkowitz, Susanna Fogel, and stars Gillian Jacobs and Leighton Meester in full rainbow gear.
11. Judging from the candid on set photos alone, this movie will be epic:
Gillian rocks the umbrella and Adam Brody is grumpy for no apparent reason:
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- Matt Stonie won the 2015 Nathan's Famous hot dog eating contest, beating 8-time champion Joey Chestnut ☀️??