1. In case you missed it, Laura Prepon will only grace our screens for one episode of Orange Is The New Black in the upcoming season.
2. Which subsequently lead to something best described as a complete melt-down by avid fans:
Implosion of Pipex.
The Little Mermaid
My love for OITNB is completely gone if there’s no Alex Vause. Give me hot shot lesbian drug kingpin or I’m gone. #dramatic
This is the worst news I’ve ever heard and also a stupid decision by Laura Prepon. Who I now hate. #OITNB http://t.co/ahpOm6XASC
I bet #AlexVause is reading: “Born to ruin - How to ruin the life of my Fans completely” @LauraPrepon
6. Because, after all, this turn of events can only be described as an absolute tragedy.
7. It was hard not to fall for Alex’s charm throughout season one and we were confident she would stay in our lives for a long time to come.
8. How can she simply abandon this ship — as if that first season meant nothing?
10. Who will bestow upon us all those valuable life lessons?
11. After all, who else can turn the sweatpants and wife-beater combo into a casual/chic enemble?
12. And it’s doubtful anyone else will perfect the art of rolling up sleeves JUST so:
13. At the heart of this tragedy is the loss of those beautiful eyes.
Regardless of various opinions concerning her eyebrows — she had facial expressions down to a science.
14. Those eyes, with which she gave the strongest side-eye that ever side-eyed:
15. Maybe the most dire of problems; all the Vause merch we now don’t know what to do with.
I bought those thick-rimmed glasses on sale, I can’t take them back!
20. Not to mention, the huge gaping plot hole left behind— who will be her big spoon!?
It’s an important job!!
21. Yes, Laura Prepon’s departure from the show is an absolute tragedy.
22. We can pretend this news isn’t upsetting, but it’s perfectly alright to break down a little on the inside.
23. Because Alex Vause’s departure is something we all have to deal with.
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from United Nations camps bordering Syria. ›