1. In an interview with HuffPost Live, Oscar-nominated actor Jeremy Irons expressed some concerns about same-sex marriage.
While Irons expressed he “doesn’t have a strong feeling either way”, he did suggest same-sex marriage could be manipulated to allow fathers to pass on their estates to their sons without being taxed.
4. Josh Zepps kindly reminded him, “There are laws against incest.”
“It’s not incest between men”, because “incest is there to protect us from inbreeding, but men don’t breed,” replied Irons.
9. Some responses to his worries:
I hate when people say they don’t have strong feelings about something then proceed to spew offensive and ignorant ones #jeremyirons— Alan Cumming
Jeremy Irons: Proof that a posh British accent is no indication of intelligence http://t.co/TufS2B62Bv via @embeedub— Salon.com
Is Jeremy Irons as stupid as he appears or is he just trying to highlight a weird loophole in incest laws?— Noisy Knits
â€œTo avoid estate taxes a father could use gay marriage & marry their sonâ€ Jeremy Irons just made me sick to my stomach. Disgusting logic.— LilEsBella
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›
- Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›