1. Janet Mock sat down with Fusion’s Alicia Menendez to prove a point about the wildly invasive questions many trans people are asked during interviews.
2. Mock literally flips the script on Menendez, asking her to share what it’s like to be a cisgender woman.
4. Mock asked the kinds of questions she has heard herself during television interviews:
14. She even admitted that a few of those questions she had actually considered to ask Mock later on.
15. Mock has experienced this situation firsthand, when CNN’s Piers Morgan allegedly sensationalized her transition during an interview.
16. Mock isn’t alone. Earlier this year, Carmen Carrera and Laverne Cox handled a cringeworthy interview with Katie Couric flawlessly.
Sarah Karlan is the associate LGBT editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Sarah Karlan at email@example.com.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The Taliban has appointed Mullah Akhtar Mansour as its new Afghan leader.
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday "very likely" belongs to the same type of aircraft as missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.