1. Janet Mock sat down with Fusion’s Alicia Menendez to prove a point about the wildly invasive questions many trans people are asked during interviews.
2. Mock literally flips the script on Menendez, asking her to share what it’s like to be a cisgender woman.
4. Mock asked the kinds of questions she has heard herself during television interviews:
14. She even admitted that a few of those questions she had actually considered to ask Mock later on.
15. Mock has experienced this situation firsthand, when CNN’s Piers Morgan allegedly sensationalized her transition during an interview.
16. Mock isn’t alone. Earlier this year, Carmen Carrera and Laverne Cox handled a cringeworthy interview with Katie Couric flawlessly.
- Russia won't "wage war" against Turkey after the shooting down of a Russian warplane yesterday, its foreign minister said. ›
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- And it's been 100 years since the anniversary of Albert Einstein's general theory of relativity. ›