1. The Equality house, located next to the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, KS, is famous for its rainbow pride paint job.
PlantingPeace.org, a nonprofit organization founded in 2004, bought the house and painted it to send a clear message to the WBC.
2. In honor of Transgender Day Of Remembrance, the house has been temporarily painted the colors of the trans pride flag.
3. President and founder of Planting Peace, Aaron Jackson told The Huffington Post:
Transgender suicide, as well as murders of those that are transgender, are alarmingly high. I wanted the Equality House to play a role in bringing public awareness to this issue and to let those in the trans community know that we care. It is my belief that if you are an ally for the trans community, it is imperative that you be open and vocal about it. Acceptance and inclusion comes from education.
5. Watch the transformation:
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›