1. Meet Jonathan Allen, a 20-year-old aspiring singer from Lawrenceburg, TN.
2. While auditioning for “America’s Got Talent” he shared his personal story.
3. On his 18th birthday, his parents kicked him out for being gay.
He is currently unemployed, but looking for work.
5. He went on the show in hopes of making them proud:
6. When the judges heard his story, they urged him to show his parents what they gave up on:
7. Jonathan performed a rendition of “Time To Say Goodbye” which is famously performed by Andrea Bocelli.
8. *angelic voice pours out*
9. *Jaw drop*
10. *one single tear*
11. Inner monologue: “Oh, shit.”
12. It’s so beautiful, this man is nearly in tears:
13. Jonathan absolutely killed it:
14. Judge Howie Mandell told him, “We love you, we accept you, and we are so proud that you came here.”
15. Do yourself a favor and listen to him yourself:
- [Florida is bracing for tropical storm Erika, which is expected to hit the stat on Monday after tearing through Caribbean islands. At least 20 people have been killed. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- And on the same day 10 years later, former U.S. President George W. Bush toured New Orleans on the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of felony sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›