1. The grandson of Elizabeth Taylor, Quinn Tivey, is carrying on her legacy with GenerationCURE, a campaign aligned with amfAR, the Foundation for AIDS Research.
2. His iconic grandmother was the founding international chairman of amfAR.
“I think it’s important to continue and expand upon the work of those who went before us. Our generation did not start the fight, did not institute the level of awareness, support, and research that exists today, but it is our responsibility to continue it. Awareness is crucial for support, research, and also for making smart choices, such as having safe sex.”- Quinn Tivey
3. Nearly 40% of all new HIV infections in the US are among the age group 13-29. To recognize this Advocates For Youth established today as National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day.
Today is National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day! #NYAAD @YouthAIDSDay http://t.co/WW9CfmKl0r— amfAR generationCURE
5. GenerationCURE hopes to help amfAR accelerate its search for a cure by creating the next, and hopefully last, generation of HIV/AIDS champions.
CORRECTION: National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day was designated by Advocates For Youth. An earlier version of this item misstated that fact. Additionally, the correct formatting is generationCURE and amfAR. The previous version rendered these names incorrectly. (4/11/13)
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.