1. Talking to someone else who is already out:
2. Online dating:
3. Attending big family gatherings:
4. All the LGBT lingo and slang:
5. Talking openly about your sexuality:
7. Gay bars:
8. Your constant mantra:
9. How you feel about your sex life:
Sarah Karlan is the Deputy LGBT Editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Sarah Karlan at email@example.com.
In The News Today
- The U.S. is investigating how a cargo ship with 33 people on board sank during Hurricane Joaquin. The ship went missing in the Caribbean last week. ›
- Texas carried out its 11th execution of the year on Tuesday — the most of any state — putting to death an inmate who murdered a man over $8. ›
- New York's attorney general has opened an investigation into two popular fantasy sports websites, after employees allegedly used insider information to profit. ›