1. This weekend, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie tied the knot in France with a small, private ceremony.
Pool / Reuters
2. In a 2006 Esquire interview, Pitt stated, “Angie and I will consider tying the knot when everyone else in the country who wants to be married is legally able.”
Luke Macgregor / Reuters
3. In 2011, Pitt appeared on Ellen and declared he wouldn’t get married to his lady “until everyone in this country had the right to get married.”
Lucas Jackson / Reuters
4. Pitt told The Hollywood Reporter in 2012, “We made this declaration some time ago that we weren’t going to do it till everyone can. But I don’t think we’ll be able to hold out. It means so much to my kids, and they ask a lot.”
Sarah Karlan is the Deputy LGBT Editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Sarah Karlan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- Google introduced a redesigned logo. It's the biggest change to the logo since 1999. ›