1. This is British actor Ben Whishaw.
2. You probably recognize him from his role as Q in Skyfall.
3. Or if you actually saw Cloud Atlas, he was in that as well.
4. His hair can do many strange and wonderful things.
I felt that was very important to point out… moving on.
5. This weekend, the normally private actor revealed not only is he gay, but in a committed relationship.
6. The actor entered into a civil partnership with 30-year-old Australian composer Mark Bradeshaw last August.
7. Whishaw’s spokesperson said yesterday:
Due to speculation, I can confirm that Ben and Mark entered into a civil partnership in August 2012. They were proud to do so and are very happy. Ben has never hidden his sexuality, but like many actors he prefers not to discuss his family or life outside of his work.
8. So, who is the lucky man?
9. The couple met in 2009 on the set of Bright Stars.
10. Bradshaw composed the film’s score, while Whishaw played a dashing John Keats.
11. In the film, Bradshaw appears in one scene right next to Whishaw.
Of course, he can barely keep his eyes off him.
12. Mark was only 25 when he wrote the score for the Jane Campion film.
Campion remarked, “We’re making this film about a young genius, so you’ve got to take a risk.” Mark more recently composed the score for Jane Campion’s six-hour BBC/Sundance mini-series Top of the Lake.
13. They couldn’t be more perfect for each other if they tried.
We can only hope they go by “The B.Shaws.”