1. Kirsten Vangsness topped the list of TV actors with the most appeal to faith-based audiences.
Vangsness, who plays wacky and weird FBI technical analyst Penelope Garcia on the CBS show Criminal Minds, is openly gay and announced her engagement to her longtime girlfriend in 2009. According to Reuters, “Actors on the popular crime shows “NCIS” and “CSI” also fared well in the 2013 rankings of the most appealing celebrities by survey respondents who said they attend regular services at their house of worship.”
The survey results were released by E-Poll Market Research, and were based on a survey of 1,100 Americans (age 13 and older) who ranked more than 40 celebrity attributes. The other winners were less of a surprise with faces like James Earl Jones, Sean Connery and Morgan Freeman, who have played God or God-like figures several times, taking top spots.
2. Kirsten with some of the cast of Criminal Minds:
3. She became engaged to long-time girlfriend Melanie in 2009, but the pair are in no rush for a wedding.
5. And Kirsten will keep taking these unreal behind-the-scenes photos:
6. And continue, as her twitter bio reads, being a “glitter covered creator/cave dweller who practices fearlessness”
- Two bomb attacks in Nigeria's central city of Jos killed at least 44 people.