1. The UN has a riddle for you:
2. “What exists in every corner of the world, embraced and celebrated in some countries, but is illegal in 76?
7. “What simple trait gets people treated as second-class citizens everywhere they go?”
9. “What has existed in every country throughout time, but is still considered abnormal?”
14. The riddle was released with a special message to the LGBT community all around the globe:
Susana Vera / Reuters
Larry Downing / Reuters
Sarah Karlan is the Deputy LGBT Editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Sarah Karlan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- Clashes have erupted between protesters and police in the Ukrainian capital, Kiev, over a draft law to give special status to separatist regions. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›
- Palmyra's 2,000-year-old Temple of Bel is still standing despite an attempt by ISIS to blow it up, Syria's antiquities chief has said.›