Kate McKinnon has been absolutely crushing it since she signed on with Saturday Night Live in early 2012.
1. She isn’t afraid to be completely herself.
She is the first openly gay female cast member of SNL.
6. In fact, her Ellen Degeneres impression was so spot-on I’m surprised it didn’t cause the end of the world as we know it.
7. When it comes to partying, she has her priorities straight.
9. She understands the value of a solid workout routine.
Watch her guide to power walking. You won’t regret it.
10. She is a bundle of energy, an unstoppable force the likes of which have never been seen.
11. Let’s face it; she is a stone-cold weirdo and proud of it.
She loves playing “characters who are not at all aware of how weird they’re being, who press on with the joy and confidence even though they should probably just stay home.”
12. She doesn’t know the meaning of “fear” or “personal boundaries.”
13. She once said, “If you asked me to seriously kiss someone on a screen, I would be very uncomfortable. But I will lick any part of your face.”
14. Obviously, she was funny long before her debut on SNL.
15. On The Big Gay Sketch Show she got away with saying things like this:
16. In her effort to be the most talented woman alive, she has studied the piano, guitar, and cello.
17. But she stays down-to-earth, even letting her mom pick out clothes for her.
18. She is the most lovable self-proclaimed “crazy bitch” you’ll ever meet:
19. She didn’t get into comedy for the fame or fortune – she got into it for the simple joy of spreading laughter.
She performed with the Upright Citizens Brigade for five years, unpaid.