I hope that the L Word is brought back.
An online petition is calling for a Netflix reboot of the Showtime original series The L Word, which wrapped up its final season in 2009.
On one hand, there are quite a few reasons to bring back our favorite ladies – 17 reasons, to be exact.
1. There hasn’t been a show since that even comes close to The L Word.
Television has been making strides with lesbian characters while Netflix gave us all new hope with the ladies of “Orange Is the New Black.” And yet, here we are — still waiting for the second coming of The L Word.
2. Even the actresses want it back.
3. The L Word provided experiences that many queer women could actually relate to.
4. There were everyday struggles we could completely understand.
6. If The L Word returned to our lives, so would the gift of Bette Porter’s profanity-dropping rage:
7. We could once again count on Alice for important life lessons:
8. It would be as if Shane’s face, and her poetic insights, never left us.
9. To be honest, Shane’s face in general is reason enough to bring the show back.
10. Of course, we miss the hot stuff…
13. We want more moments that make us laugh so hard our stomachs hurt…
15. They also brought a serious amount of warm ‘n’ fuzzies to our hearts.
But, those are also reasons why The L Word really shouldn’t come back.
1. Do we actually want to know who killed Jenny?
Or really ever see/discuss/think about her face again.