1. The ephemeral messaging service Snapchat has released a new update in which users can chat and have live video conversations with one another.
The update is available for both iPhone and Android users. The latter need to have the latest update of Google Play services for the new Snapchat features to work.
2. After conducting tests in the BuzzFeed U.K. office, we learned you can also send images from your photo gallery. This is a big change from earlier messages from Snapchat, which have relied on sending live photos or video only.
3. Just as in previous versions, messages between users will be deleted but anyone in the conversation can take a screenshot at any time.
4. The changes come after Instagram Direct was introduced to the social network in December.
Instagram Direct allows users of the app to send images to one another privately.
5. Snapchat users can enter a chat conversation with friends by swiping right on their name on the inbox screen. Once users leave the chat screen, the messages will be deleted.
6. If both users are chatting simultaneously, a blue circle will appear notifying one another they are both online, at which point users can have a live video conversation.
- The U.S. Democratic presidential candidates are having their first debate of the 2016 election cycle ?? ›
- Marlon James has won the Man Booker Prize for his Bob Marley-inspired "A Brief History of Seven Killings." It's the first win for a Jamaican ? ›
- The Chicago Cubs have defeated the St. Louis Cardinals to advance to the National League Championship Series ⚾️ ›