1. A large group of women dressed up in fake fur on Saturday, June 1st, to protest against the cull of badgers.
2. They were led by Queen guitarist Brian May.
3. On the same day, about 150 members of the far-right British National Party and the English Defence League held a protest against the killing of Drummer Lee Rigby.
4. Anti-extremist groups such as Unite Against Fascism held a much larger counter-protest, with a number of them being arrested.
6. Yet it was those who protested against the badger cull that captured the headlines as they left their protest to chase after the BNP and EDL members, according to the IB Times.
“Smash the cull. Smash the BNP!” were the words that echoed through the crowds.