1. The Conservative Party released this infographic on Twitter.
It requires a second look before you realise just how misleading the chart really is – employment has gone up but when placed alongside the chart on the right, it looks like the government are doing a much better job than they have done.
2. Unsurprisingly, a backlash quickly started on Twitter. It was a bit timid at first, blaming graphic design.
3. But if cynicism is anywhere, it’s on Twitter and the tweets started to flow in.
5. One guy took it a little far, calling for Cameron to be sacked.
6. There was even a pedantic grammar fiend.
The Conservative’s initial tweet said: “RT this graphic to support our long-term plan to fix the economy and help hardworking people.”
7. (But they do have a point, according to the Oxford Dictionaries Online).
8. A new data-driven media outlet decided to fix their chart.
They didn’t get a thanks, though.