4. Evidence? OK, let’s start with the fact that Natalie Portman has a Psychology degree from Harvard.
She was even a semi-finalist in the Intel Science Talent Search for her work on clean energy, way back in the 90s, when she was still at high school.
5. Emma Watson’s insistence on getting an education while starring in the Harry Potter films isn’t nerdy, it’s awesome.
6. The most attractive thing about Kate Beckinsale? She won the WHSmith Young Writer’s competition twice, and studied French and Russian literature at Oxford University.
7. James Franco isn’t only an actor and director. In 2006, he decided to reenroll at UCLA where he once took 62 credits in a semester (compared to the average 19).
Before you get snarky about his course credits not reflecting his ability, he graduated with a GPA of 3.5/4.0 and has since gone on to study at Columbia, Brooklyn College and is now studying at Yale.
8. You know who else is smart? Benedict Cumberbatch, that’s who.
He uttered these words in an interview as the Guest Director of the 2013 Cambridge Science Festival.
9. Edward Norton? He went to an Ivy League college and speaks Japanese.
10. What about those late-night hosts then? Conan O’Brien graduated magna cum laude from Harvard.
11. Let’s be honest, you’re not going to call back that date that doesn’t read.
12. Spend your time hanging out in bookstores just reading? You’re doing it right.
- Thirty-one people are dead after two passenger trains derailed within minutes of each other on a flooded bridge in central India.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- Record-breaking freediver, Natalia Molchanova, is feared dead. She disappeared while diving off the coast of Spain on Sunday.