1. A woman, Marta Sala Font, heard some noise over her house at 2am, so she tweeted at the Metropolitan police: “Why are u flying over east london at 2am? It’s completely unnecessary to b that noisy at this time. I doubt u can see anything!”
This is a cached version of the tweet as it no longer exists.
2. In the reply, the MPS Helicopters account included a full stop before their tweet, making it appear in the timeline for their 91,000 followers.
3. So people started to reply. First, she was accused of being ignorant.
6. Or drunk.
7. And then the mood changed.
11. And then Marta decided to leave Twitter after two years, probably because of the abuse she got.