1. Eid Al-Fitr is a pretty big deal for Muslims. That’s probably why the prime minister released a special video message this week.
2. And also why Ed Miliband released his own video earlier this month. (And Nick Clegg sent one too.)
3. So it’s probably a smart idea of some MPs to send out Eid Mubarak (or happy Eid) cards to their constituents.
4. But then things started to get a little awkward. A misspelt surname here.
5. A mistaken religion there.
6. And concerns from some that they didn’t get more cards.
7. And then some were offended they weren’t also sent Christmas cards.
Siraj Datoo is a political reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Siraj Datoo at email@example.com.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who were on the scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave. The officer accused of killing Dubose has been released from jail on bond.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday.
- Atlanta police are searching for two white men who were caught on security cameras placing Confederate flags at a historic church.