1. Eid Al-Fitr is a pretty big deal for Muslims. That’s probably why the prime minister released a special video message this week.
2. And also why Ed Miliband released his own video earlier this month. (And Nick Clegg sent one too.)
3. So it’s probably a smart idea of some MPs to send out Eid Mubarak (or happy Eid) cards to their constituents.
4. But then things started to get a little awkward. A misspelt surname here.
5. A mistaken religion there.
6. And concerns from some that they didn’t get more cards.
7. And then some were offended they weren’t also sent Christmas cards.
Siraj Datoo is a political reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Siraj Datoo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›
- SAB Miller has accepted "in principle" a takeover offer from Anheuser-Busch InBev, which would create the world's largest beer company. ›