1. Britain’s political leaders earlier today laid wreaths to commemorate and remember the soldiers who lost their lives in dedication to the country in World War I. Notice anything odd about their messages?
2. It turns out that the deputy prime minister’s message was also, um, rather lacking in the touching sentiment department.
3. Here’s a slightly sharpened version of that.
In his defence, Ed Miliband was apparently given the wreath by organisers only “seconds before he had to lay it,” according to Labour List. The message was also pre-written in advance. It is believed the same happened with the deputy prime minister.
- At least nine people in Colorado Springs were injured in a shooting near a Planned Parenthood clinic, officials said. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›