#IfIHadGlass I would give a great perspective from the NASCAR Pits & Garages before & during the races!
1. U.S. residents will be able to buy Google Glass for $1,500 on April 15 for one day only as part of the Glass Explorer programme.
2. Glass was initially sold only to a limited number of users through the Explorer programme, where people had to tweet about what they would do with Glass using the hashtag #ifihadglass.
4. The technology has often come under attack for being overly futuristic and looking a bit odd.
Users can famously ask the technology to carry out a certain action by saying, “OK Glass”, with commands like, “OK Glass, take a picture.”
5. Which is probably why Google released a new set of designs in January.
7. But in an announcement on Google+, the company announced that it planned to “expand the Explorer program” and will allow people to buy Glass for $1,500 (plus tax), most likely on a first-come, first-served basis.
Those interested in buying Glass can find out more on the official page. It will go on sale at 6 a.m. PT (9 a.m ET).