1. “The World’s Biggest Dinosaur Park” has opened in Queensland, Australia.
4. The dinosaurs range from 2.5 to 22 metres in length and up to 10m tall.
5. Palmersaurus features 160 life-size animatronic dinos.
7. Close your eyes and you could be in Jurassic Park!
11. The park is the brainchild of billionaire mining tycoon Clive Palmer, recently elected to parliament as an MP.
12. He’s the man building an exact replica of The Titanic, aimed at Chinese tourists.
13. Palmersaurus is basically his Christmas gift to the people of Australia.
14. Palmersaurus features velociraptors, tyrannosaurus and 160 other dino species.
18. Clive’s mates The Irwins helped open the park.
Thank you Terri, Bindi & Robert Irwin for helping open Palmersaurus @PalmerCoolum today. Proud day. #sunshinecoast
20. Palmersauras features Triceratops, a large herbivore that patrolled North America 65 million years ago.
23. Some journalists found the concept laughable.
There are no words. Just laughter. Inside Clive Palmer’s Palmersaurus theme park http://t.co/f2WYmZKAs5 @newscomauHQ
24. But others really warmed to the idea.
I know it’s wrong on so many levels, but the little kid in me really wants to check out Clive Palmer’s Jurassic Park http://t.co/RN7CkLgB8k
Seriously roarsome. Nice work @CliveFPalmer @PalmerCoolum #roarsome
26. And locals voted with their feet.
Lots of people visit @CliveFPalmer dinosaur park on opening day @abcsunshine @abcnews #roar