1. Queensland is Australia’s Sunshine State, with 263 sunny days a year on average.
2. Every morning, thousands of Queenslanders hit the beach for the greatest show on Earth.
4. Queensland has 6,973 km of coastline (4,333 miles) = spectacular sunrises aplenty.
Mostly you can have the sunrise to yourself. Covering 1.8m sq km, Queensland is more than seven times the size of the United Kingdom, with a population of just under four million, mostly living in the south-east corner.
14. Eventually the sun is up, and Queensland basks in 13.5 hours of solar bliss*.
- Summer average. Winter average hours of daylight is 10.5.