2. Every morning, thousands of Queenslanders hit the beach for the greatest show on Earth.
3. “GOOD MORNING AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!!!!”
4. Queensland has 6,973 km of coastline (4,333 miles) = spectacular sunrises aplenty.
Mostly you can have the sunrise to yourself. Covering 1.8m sq km, Queensland is more than seven times the size of the United Kingdom, with a population of just under four million, mostly living in the south-east corner.
5. In Queensland the early bird gets the worm.
6. Over Brisbane.
7. The Sunshine Coast. (See what they did there?)
8. Burleigh Heads.
9. Fraser Island.
10. Mission Beach, Far North Queensland.
11. Port Douglas, FNQ.
12. And the Gold Coast.
13. A new day dawns, and all is right with the world.
14. Eventually the sun is up, and Queensland basks in 13.5 hours of solar bliss*.
- Summer average. Winter average hours of daylight is 10.5.