2. Look up “Australian Family” in the Macquarie Dictionary and most likely this is what you’ll find.
5. Eldest siblings Ellie-Jean and Holly-Sue have hundreds of thousands of Instagram followers.
8. After selling their home on Sydney’s northern beaches 10 years ago, the Coffeys enjoyed a nomadic existence traveling from one surfing contest to another.
9. Now based on the Gold Coast, their lives revolve around waves, surfboards and bikinis.
10. The Instagram feeds of Ellie-Jean, 19, and Holly-Sue, 16, feature them surfing, skateboarding and goofing around.
17. …and lots of bikinis. The Coffeys have a six-year family sponsorship with Billabong that supports their nomadic lifestyle.
18. Speaking to Australian breakfast show Sunrise early this year, Ellie-Jean said: “As much as we’re competitive and we’re athletes, we’re also promoting a healthy lifestyle and we’re, you know, a little bit sexy.”
19. “We’re in bikinis, we’re in the water constantly. Fortunately looking fit and well is just a result of training hard and leading a healthy lifestyle which surrounds a professional athlete.”
20. After selling the family home to support their dreams, father Jase must be a very proud Dad.
30. With 14,000 Instagram followers, little sister Bonnie-Lou, 11, is no social media slouch either.
Simon Crerar is founding editor of BuzzFeed Australia and is based in Sydney.
In The News Today
- Doctors Without Borders says 19 people died after a U.S. airstrike caused possible collateral damage at a hospital in Afghanistan. ›
- The Catholic Church fired high-ranking Vatican official Monsignor Krzysztof Charamsa. He came out as gay on Saturday. ›
- Hundreds of rescue workers in Guatemala dug through rubble, searching for signs of life after a mudslide killed at least 56 people. ›