1. After four years, three months and 24 days, Australia have reclaimed The Ashes.
4. Twitter had a hashtag ready.
7. The PM was quick to send his congratulations.
8. Labor’s leader glossed over the wilderness years.
9. Australia’s biggest brands jumped aboard.
10. The Australian captain was nominated for PM.
12. Some people had found the wait agonising.
13. Celebrations were in order.
14. And who cares if they’re drinking Peroni!?
15. Cricket legends started their own hashtags.
16. Hamish worried about the wicket.
17. Andy was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
18. Best. Christmas. Pressie. Ever.
19. What next!?
20. Bragging rights for starters!
Piers Morgan was forced to eat humble pie.
England’s supporters offered a backhanded compliment.
21. And a long night of well deserved partying for Man of the Match Steve Smith and his mates!
The 15cm tall Ashes urn contains a burnt cricket bail.