1. Men and women danced, using whatever they could for instruments.
2. Little kids did cute, little kid dances.
3. Egyptian newscasters, when they weren’t busy pleading with people to get out and vote, danced to Sisi’s unofficial campaign song.
5. Some took the dancing very seriously.
6. Some of the dancing even stopped street traffic.
7. People dressed up like the Egyptian flag to dance.
8. Or just floated around, wearing the Egyptian flag.
9. This lady really did her best to get the dance party started.
But even with all that dancing, officials said that voter turnout looked low. They’ve extended voting for a third day, and hopefully there will be more dancing. H/T CairoScene
Sheera Frenkel is a cybersecurity correspondent for BuzzFeed News. Her secure PGP fingerprint is 0B69 4C66 9228 93D5 91A3 010B 7542 9FAF 4315 B404
Contact Sheera Frenkel at Sheera.Frenkel@buzzfeed.com.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Dylann Roof pleaded not guilty to federal hate crime charges in the Charleston church massacre.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Beijing won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.