1. Parade’s End (2012)
Period drama BlondeBatch. Emmy nominated performance. What are you doing, go watch it right now.
Wait. Read the rest of the post first.
2. Wreckers (2011)
1. Cumberbatch was super creepy in this domestic drama. 2. His wife (Claire Foy) was kind of weird, but sympathetic. 3. I had NO IDEA what was going to happen in it until … it happened.
3. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011)
THIS MOVIE IS REALLY GOOD.
4. Third Star (2010)
Not the greatest movie ever made, but Cumberbatch as a dying man on a final holiday with his friends has some very moving meltdowns. (And somehow rocks a fedora without looking ridiculous.)
5. Cabin Pressure (2008–)
A BBC radio series that has sparked some amazing fan art. It’s the rare comedy role for Cumberbatch — and it’s worth it for the novelty … and The Voice.
6. Starter For 10 (2006)
Six words: Super uptight pub quiz team captain. (Also starring James McAvoy and Alice Eve and Rebecca Hall, this is one of those movies that reminds you that Britain only has like, 54 actors and they all just queue up for their turn in films.)
7. The Last Enemy (2008)
This BBC miniseries about a not-too-distant future where Britain is a surveillance state had the potential to be very good, but it is not. Still Cumberbatch acts his face off wherever he goes, so if you’re a completist, you should give it a shot. (At the very least, it has a super hot smooch to recommend it.)
- Clashes have erupted between protesters and police in the Ukrainian capital, Kiev, over a draft law to give special status to separatist regions. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›
- Palmyra's 2,000-year-old Temple of Bel is still standing despite an attempt by ISIS to blow it up, Syria's antiquities chief has said.›