1. Yep, guess who’s back….
A new film about David Brent called Life on the Road is in development and will be released in 2015, backed by BBC Films. The Guardian reports that “the film will find out what fate befell Brent after he was made redundant from Wernham Hogg, and will be filmed in a similar ‘mockumentary’ style to The Office”.
2. Just yesterday Ricky Gervais did a Facebook Q&A in which he was asked about the possibilites of a new film.
3. The last time we saw David Brent was as part of a Comic Relief skit in 2013, a decade after The Office ended.
4. This was followed by a series of tutorials from the man himself on YouTube, singing songs like “Thank Fuck It’s Friday”, which had lyrics like this.
I work so hard just to pay my bills, I’m playing even harder yeah, life kills.
And now I’m burning rubber on the M25,
Gotta crazy weekend, some won’t make it out alive.
Cos this is my day,
Thank fuck it’s Friday,
Yeah, this is my day,
Thank fuck it’s Friday.
I wake up Sunday feeling Saturday pain,
Dry-cleaner five wide shirts on the road again,
A week in cheap motels yeah, I’m earning my bread,
As long as I’m back for the weekend I’ll sleep when I’m dead.
- Dylann Roof pleaded not guilty to federal hate crime charges in the Charleston church massacre.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Beijing won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.