And then there were three. Congratulations!
1. The person who tweeted this announcement when the Royal Baby was born.
2. Whoever thought it would be a great idea to use the Royal Baby birth to flog a Samsung Galaxy.
And some coffee.
And some pizza.
And some toilet roll.
3. Whoever thought this Facebook poll would be a good idea.
4. Whoever thought up this stimulating content for their Facebook fans.
The hobnob won by the way.
5. Whoever thought that doing a ‘promoted tweet’ campaign about immigration would be a good idea.
Because it was likely to offend quite a few people.
Although it did lead to quite a few good parodies.
8. This tweet didn’t go down well either.
GIVE US A RETWEET OR CHILDREN WILL GO HUNGRY,
It really didn’t go down well.
Then there was the time that the Head Chef took over the Twitter feed of a pub he was just fired from.
9. Then there’s the time that HMV had a meltdown.
10. An award goes to the person who thought of the Benadryl Social Pollen Count, which allowed users to mark on a map where they had sneezed.
Why? Well because a lot of people on social media got word of this and started to make their own maps. Like this one.
11. British Gas announced that they were raising prices by 9.2%. A few days later they did this.
But then it all went a little bit wrong.
12. Remember when Sky News broke this story?
Some people got very confused by this incident.
People took the piss.
But it wasn’t a Syrian Cyber Attack or anything of the sort. This was the reason behind it.
13. Remember the horsemeat scandal, during which Tesco famously tweeted..?
14. But brands weren’t the only failures. All of those on Twitter who confused EDF Energy with EDL, the far-right movement, should get some blame too.
15. So should all the people who constantly confuse @WHSmith with @WHSmithcouk with their complaints.
16. So should all of the people who keep mixing up @JohnLewis with @JohnLewisRetail.
<3 you John Lewis.