The end of Newsnight used to look like this.
So the new editor Ian Katz decided to shake the credits all up a bit.
13. How? Well once they showed The Clangers to celebrate news that new episodes are being made.
12. To illustrate how OAPs can benefit from playing computer games, they got some to play an Xbox.
11. They also once pretended that they were launching “Newsnight +1”, allowing viewers to see the studios before the programme begins.
Yes that is Andrew Neil wiping down the screen.
10. And they even booked a Prince William lookalike to sing out the show, after reporting on how the real one didn’t sing that much at a recent charity gig.
Unfortunately, they ran out of time for him to sing too :(
9. They got the cast of Gogglebox to review the show*. They didn’t seem to like it that much.
8. But then again, the night they were reviewing wasn’t the night that they changed the titles to look like Breaking Bad.
6. They also missed the time that Kirsty Wark got drunk whilst baking a cake to celebrate the return of The Great British Bake Off on BBC2.
ISN’T BAKING A CAKE BRILLIANT?
5. But this is all nothing compared to newly crowned world memory champion forgetting the Newsnight credits itself.
For more on that cringetastic attempt yesterday click here.
4. Or the time Paxman did this Dimbleby tattoo tribute.
3. Or the time when Ian Katz accidentally tweeted an insult about a guest, instead of sending it as a Direct Message…
2. And remember the time that Cookie Monster was asked a question by Emily Maitlis?
I NEARLY DIED.